1. Download and install Erlang
While ago I spent some time installing
RabbitMQ on my machine. Documentation is there but during installation you can face some problems. So to make your life easier I am sharing basic flow setup on Windows 10 system.
Go to: https://www.erlang.org/downloads and click the link
At first go to place where erlang was downloaded and run installation as administrator. This part is important because of the registry key which need to be added during installation.
2. Download and install RabbitMQ server
During the installation agree for network accesses for both Erlang and RabbitMQ.
3. Enable RabbitMQ management WebUI
open terminal, go to:
c:\Program Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.7.16\sbin>
rabbitmq-plugins.bat enable rabbitmq_management
you should see output similar to:
Enabling plugins on node rabbit@yourNodeName: rabbitmq_management The following plugins have been configured: rabbitmq_management rabbitmq_management_agent rabbitmq_web_dispatch Applying plugin configuration to rabbit@yourNodeName... The following plugins have been enabled: rabbitmq_management rabbitmq_management_agent rabbitmq_web_dispatch started 3 plugins.
4. Check whether Management WebUI works
After logging in as guest you should see dashboard
If you would like to jump into RabbitMQ coding, check out following resources:
- Great official Hello World tutorial: https://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-one-dotnet.html
- If you are beginner to Brokers and RabbitMQ this clip could be much of help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjuiZM7JzPw